If someone has requested to observe you, the following is required by HealthPartners:
- Only those persons with prior approval from clinic management will be allowed to observe in clinic or procedure centers.
- All observers must check in, show identification and complete the following form before proceeding into the clinic/procedural room or any adjacent patient care areas. HealthPartners Observer Packet
- Patient must provide consent before an observer is allowed into the patient room for a procedure or exam. This consent must be documented in the patient’s chart.
- To limit congestion in the clinical/procedure room, only one observer may be in any room unless prior arrangements have been made with clinic management.
- The staff nurse, CMA/RMA and staff physician may use their discretion when allowing an observer to remain throughout the procedure.
- The observer may not be in the exam/procedure room until after the patient gives consent.
- If there is a complication in the procedure/clinic visit, the staff nurse or staff physician may ask the observer to leave the room.